sptsman
(member)
12/26/14 03:29 PM
Re: Christmas Dream do come true......

Quote:

cook said:
Don't live in Mo. anymore..lust don't see why the need for change..worked fine for me when I lived there..how will it be an improvement?

It won't immediately. But in time, it will swing the focus of the MDC back to where it began and where many of us think it should be. It doesn't have to be 100% hunters, trappers and folks that fish. But the MDC's primary role should be in those areas. And they should be forced to listen to what the people of the state want to see in those areas (within the bounds of good conservation). We now have a grossly over-funded state organization that has very little accountability to the people of the state. It is run by tree-huggers and naturalist that care less and less about the outdoorsmen and more and more about keeping control of every aspect of hunting and fishing.

I have little hope this will go anywhere for one simple reason: The MDC has millions to spend fighting this and they will. They will start by lobbying the lawmakers and if it ever got to the voters, they would put on the biggest campaign you ever saw. In addition, they will get help from every tree-hugging organization out there. This attempt to reign them in will be portrayed as an attack on nature. they'll show little bunnies, deer feeding in a meadow and little kids fishing...

Don't hold your breath on this one...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5